Today let’s discuss how to prep for a Reiki session.
Preparing for a Reiki session does not have to be complicated especially if your session is a distant session which can take place over the phone. In fact, preparation is not a necessity but can help you to gain the most of your experience.
Here are a few steps to potentially take before your session:
Day of session:
- Eat regular meals
- Avoid the use of drugs or alcohol
Within hours before session:
- Make a list of concerns you would like addressed through Reiki healing
- Create a list of questions/decisions you would like clarity on
- Take a cleansing bath/shower
- Avoid heavy meals
- Avoid caffeine
Immediately before session:
- Relax (I typically guide clients through a few deep, cleansing breaths before beginning to channel Reiki energy)
- Get comfortable
- Set the mood (this is particularly important for distant sessions where you get to decide where you’d like to be for your session)
- Wear lose fitting clothing with layers for potential changes in body temperature
- Use the bathroom
- Set an intention for an open mind and heart
How you prepare for your session is a personal discussion. The goal of preparing is to ensure you are in the best state of mind and physical state of being to relax, receive healing, release toxins and obtain clarity.
Give Reiki a try! Use code: Reiki10 to get $10 off a remote session. Offer is only good for the month of February. Book a session today!
Check back next Wednesday for another round of Wellness Wednesday.
Drop potential Wellness Wednesday topics below so we can incorporate them in future posts.