It’s a very special #WellnessWednesday!
We’ve made it to the end of the 7 Chakra Blog Series! It’s been quite the journey to this point and I’m glad that you all were tuned in for this series of blog installments regarding information about the chakras. So for one last time, let’s dive into the final chakra and learn about how Reiki healing might best help with imbalances in the chakras.
Today we’ll be looking at the Crown Chakra – sometimes referred to as the Sahasrara chakra. The Crown Chakra is the seventh of the chakras of matter and the center of enlightenment and awareness. It also acts as a connection between the physical body and the universe and soul. Balancing the crown chakra allows for you to access those feelings of serenity, joy, and deep peace about life. If you wish to be opened up to an infinite sense of wholeness and connection to yourself and the cosmos, then I would suggest not neglecting this chakra!
The energy of the crown chakra allows for us to be fully connected spiritually. One of its main purposes is granting you the awareness of being connected to something larger than yourself. When everything goes well with this chakra, you’ll be better able to put aside your shortsighted self-interests in service of the whole. Want to be of service to others by simply being yourself? Want to feel more connected to others and to the purpose of life? If your answer to those questions was along the lines of a ‘yes’, then Reiki healing can help with that! Below you’ll find a possible conversation that may occur after a healing session.
“During our session I noticed you expressed sensitivity to light and sound and have been getting frequent headaches.”
These areas are related to the Crown Chakra. Read more about it below.
Crown Chakra (located at the very top of head)
- Consciousness, connection with the limitless, ecstasy, the quality of being human
- Overactive = depression, lack of empathy, confusion, mental fogginess
- Underactive = Lack of purposefulness, coordination difficulties, clumsiness, denial of poor balance, lack of desire for spiritual exploration
- Balanced = having a spiritual awareness of your connection to the divine, having the ability to control your emotions, stronger intuition, grounded feelings
- Get to know your physical cycles
- Cultivate the feeling of being in awe
- Find ways to serve a greater community
- Add regular exercise to your routine
- Start including more healthy, whole foods to your diet
If you’re interested in discovering whether or not you are experiencing a crown chakra imbalance and you want to figure out how to balance it, be sure to book an appointment at our distant reiki clinic today!