Glad to see another #WellnessWednesday!
We’ve made it halfway through the 7 Chakra Blog Series! We got 3 more chakras to go in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned for more diving into the 7 chakras and learning about how Reiki healing might best help with imbalances in the chakras.
Today we’ll be looking at the Heart Chakra – sometimes referred to as the Anahata chakra. The Heart Chakra is the fourth of the chakras of matter and connects both the upper and lower chakras. This being so, the heart chakra is the center of the integration of earthly matters and higher aspirations. Balancing the heart chakra allows for you to feel surrounded by love, compassion, and happiness and connected to the world around you. It’s also the center of child-like innocence and joy. If you’re looking to grow in love and forgiveness, then this is the chakra for you!
The heart chakra functions as the center of deep relationship bonds, your sense of caring and compassion, your feelings of self-love, altruistic tendencies, generosity, kindness, and respect. One of its main purposes is moving love through your life as love is the ultimate healing force. Upon the needs of the heart chakra being met, you’ll be in a state of openness and acceptance that connects you deeper to the world surrounding you and yourself. Want to both give and receive unconditional love? Want to cultivate respect for yourself and others? If your answers to those questions were along the lines of a ‘yes’, then Reiki healing can help with that! Below you’ll find a possible conversation that may occur after a healing session.
“During our session I noticed heaviness in your chest and tension between your shoulder blades.”
This area is related to the Heart Chakra. Read more about it below.
Heart (heart center/breastbone to bottom of throat)
- Love, compassion, kindness (for self and others), health, healing
- Overactive = lose personal boundaries, make unhealthy choices in name of love, putting needs of others before your own, fast heart rate, palpitations, heartburn, issues in interpersonal relationships
- Underactive (heartbreak) = difficulty connecting with others, pushing people away, not letting others in, out of touch with body, problems with circulation
- Balanced = feel love equally for self and others, identify compassion and kindness in others
- Provide yourself with the love and compassion you offer others
- Do 1 thing a day for yourself (bath, massage, meditate, etc.)
- Show yourself appreciation
- Give yourself the love you want from others
- Spread compassion to others
If you’re interested in discovering whether or not you are experiencing a heart chakra imbalance and you want to figure out how to balance it, be sure to book an appointment at our distant reiki clinic today!