Hey it’s #WellnessWednesday!
It’s also the second week of the 7 Chakra Blog Series! We’re still only at the beginning, but we’ll be getting closer and closer to the chakra system common to all of us with each upcoming week and learning more about Reiki healing might best help with imbalances. I do wish I could be getting a little closer to Chaka Khan, however, but that dream will have to wait.
Today we’ll be looking at the Sacral Chakra – sometimes referred to as the Svadhisthana chakra. The Sacral Chakra is the second of the chakras of matter. Balancing the sacral chakra allows for you to move freely and feel the change occurring from within your body in the fullness of the moment. It’s also involved in matters of pleasure and intimacy. If you’re looking to spice up business in the bedroom, then this is not the chakra to be neglecting!
The sacral chakra is associated with the emotional body, sensuality, and creativity. This passion and pleasure center busies itself with seeking pleasure and enjoyment. Upon these needs of the sacral chakra being met, you’ll feel more at balance with your relationships with others and with yourself. Feeling an episode of PMS coming on? Or maybe some symptoms of hormonal imbalance? These could potentially also be related to an imbalance in the sacral area. It’d make sense for you to want to avoid any sense of conflict with this chakra, right? That’s where Reiki healing comes in! Below you’ll find a possible conversation that may occur after a healing session.
“During our session I noticed a feeling of being pushed away when I was working near your womb area.”
This area is related to the Sacral Chakra. Read more about it below.
Sacral Chakra (just below belly button)
- Personal power, sexuality, creativity, identity, pleasure
- Overactive = addiction, gluttony, hormone imbalance, restlessness, enjoying things that aren’t feeding and uplifting to your soul or health, obesity
- Underactive = focusing heavily on practical matters, depression, impotence, decreased or low sex drive, lack of passion, lack of creativity
- Balance = ability to enjoy pleasurable things in life without overindulgence or guilt, wellness, abundance, inspired creative activities, enjoy food and sex
- Before making decisions, identify how the decision will benefit you. Will it nourish you? Is it healthy.
- Take time for yourself
- Enjoy a healthy, yummy snack
- Have great safe (with a partner or alone)
If you’re interested in discovering whether or not you are experiencing a sacral chakra imbalance and you want to figure out how to balance it, be sure to book an appointment at our distant reiki clinic today!